2-alarm apartment fire extinguished in Reading
READING, Pa. - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- An apartment inferno in Berks County was finally extinguished Tuesday night.
The fire broke out on the 1200 block of Hill Road in Reading at 5:00 p.m. and burned for 3 and a half hours.
By then it had grown to two alarms and spread through the apartment house.
Everyone made it out alive.
10 adults and 9 children had lived in the building's six units.
The Red Cross is now assisting those displaced by the fire.
pennsylvania, reading, berks county, fire, local/state
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 59 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 28 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc