Police: Speeding causes a driver to crash in NE Philly
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say speed played a role in a violent crash in Northeast Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The accident happened around 3:45 a.m. on the 7100 block of Oxford Avenue.
According to police, a driver travelling at a high rate of speed lost control, smashed into a parked pick-up truck and hit a house.
The force of the crash sent the driver into the back seat of the car which then burst into flames.
Rescue crews had to remove the driver who was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Commuters should expect delays on Oxford Avenue.
accident, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed