Woman, grandson hit by car in Delaware Co.
CLIFTON HEIGHTS, Pa. - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman and her grandson were rushed to the hospital after they were hit by a car on Wednesday morning in Delaware County.
It happened around 8:30 a.m. on East Baltimore Avenue at Jackson Street in Clifton Heights.
Police say the woman, in her 50s, and the 5-year-old boy were trying to cross E. Baltimore Avenue when they were struck by a car trying to pull into the K-Mart store.
The woman was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, while the boy was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Both were listed in serious condition.
Police say the driver did stop at the scene and is cooperating with investigators.
There was no immediate word on any charges in this case.
The names of those involved have not been released.
pennsylvania, delaware county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 37 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 52 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ