Woman, grandson hit by car in Delaware Co.
CLIFTON HEIGHTS, Pa. - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman and her grandson were rushed to the hospital after they were hit by a car on Wednesday morning in Delaware County.
It happened around 8:30 a.m. on East Baltimore Avenue at Jackson Street in Clifton Heights.
Police say the woman, in her 50s, and the 5-year-old boy were trying to cross E. Baltimore Avenue when they were struck by a car trying to pull into the K-Mart store.
The woman was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, while the boy was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Both were listed in serious condition.
Police say the driver did stop at the scene and is cooperating with investigators.
There was no immediate word on any charges in this case.
The names of those involved have not been released.
pennsylvania, delaware county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 34 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 58 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 42 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 33 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 30 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 23 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 59 min ago
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
34 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
33 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
30 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
23 min ago