Man arrested moments after bank robbery in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have one man in custody after a bank robbery in Wilmington.
It happened at 1:25 p.m. at the Wilmington Savings Fund Society bank branch at the corner of Delaware Avenue and Washington Street.
Police say the man held up the bank and fled.
A short time later, officers spotted a man matching the description of the bandit at 9th and Jefferson Streets.
They quickly took him into custody.
Officers at the scene told Action News that items stolen from the bank were found in the man's possession.
The investigation continues.
delaware, bank robbery, wilmington, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos