Last-minute food shopping for Thanksgiving
PHILADELPHIA - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- People staying in town were picking up last-minute goodies for Thanksgiving dinner.
The Action Cam was at El Coqui in Kensington where traditional Puerto Rican pastries were in high demand.
The bakery even whipped up a cake in the shape of a turkey. It will certainly be a treat at the end of dinner tomorrow.
Turkey time is just hours away, which has people packing the stores looking for last minute items.
"We got turkey, ham, yams, corn stuffing," said Andrea Garrett of North Philadelphia.
Some Shoppers also picked up that unavoidable holiday stress.
"Everybody's stressed right now," said Chantell Alston of Strawberry Mansion. "We're running around getting the last-minute things. You always forget something. That's why I'm at the market right now."
Picking up the main course at Bottom Dollar grocery store at 31st and Girard Streets was stress-free for most.
Shoppers combed through the fairly quiet aisles, grabbed the items on their list and got on their way.
"Yeah it's not crowded," said one shopper. "You can get in and out, get it done."
Rosie Dickerson and her daughter Mikayla were food shopping for the less fortunate.
They're whipping up a Thanksgiving feast at their church. They told me they're giving back this year.
"It's about sharing and giving back being thankful for what you got," said Rosie.
philadelphia, thanksgiving, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police