Skydiver killed in Gloucester County
WILLIAMSTOWN, NJ - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating how a skydiver was killed after a fatal parachute accident in Gloucester County.
It happened just before 4:00 Wednesday afternoon at Freefall Adventures on the 300 block of Dahlia Avenue.
Initial reports indicate that the skydiver's parachute got caught in a tree but the individual kept falling.
Police say the victim's body was found on Pitman Downer Road about 300 feet from the facility.
The victim's identity has not been released.
Monroe Township Police are investigating.
new jersey, gloucester county, fatal fall, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 36 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos