Skydiver killed in Gloucester County
WILLIAMSTOWN, NJ - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating how a skydiver was killed after a fatal parachute accident in Gloucester County.
It happened just before 4:00 Wednesday afternoon at Freefall Adventures on the 300 block of Dahlia Avenue.
Initial reports indicate that the skydiver's parachute got caught in a tree but the individual kept falling.
Police say the victim's body was found on Pitman Downer Road about 300 feet from the facility.
The victim's identity has not been released.
Monroe Township Police are investigating.
new jersey, gloucester county, fatal fall, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos