Man pulled from Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park
FAIRMOUNT PARK - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was pulled from the waters of the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park Thursday morning.
It was around 8:30 a.m. when the Philadelphia Fire Department received a report of a man in the Schuylkill River near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
When the fire department arrived they found the man in the river by Fountain Green Drive.
The man was able to get out of the water and was treated by medics.
Police are investigating how he wound up in the river.
fairmount park, philadelphia, rescue, water rescue, local/state
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 6 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 11 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 25 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 14 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 18 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 25 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
11 min ago