Man pulled from Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park
FAIRMOUNT PARK - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was pulled from the waters of the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park Thursday morning.
It was around 8:30 a.m. when the Philadelphia Fire Department received a report of a man in the Schuylkill River near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
When the fire department arrived they found the man in the river by Fountain Green Drive.
The man was able to get out of the water and was treated by medics.
Police are investigating how he wound up in the river.
fairmount park, philadelphia, rescue, water rescue, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 42 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 15 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos