Burglary suspect charged after scuffling with cops
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Several charges have been filed against a burglary suspect who allegedly hit and kicked three southern New Jersey police officers who were trying to arrest him.
Toms River police tell the Asbury Park Press that an off-duty Manchester Township officer saw 22-year-old Andrew Aurigemma of Hoboken break the window of a parked car early Thursday.
After being approached by the officer, Aurigemma allegedly claimed he had a gun and fled on foot. But the off-duty officer and two Toms River officers soon captured him after a short scuffle.
Aurigemma was charged with burglary, criminal mischief and aggravated assault on a police officer. He's being held on $75,000 cash bail, and it was not known if he had retained an attorney.
One officer was treated for a minor thumb injury.
burglary, police, toms river, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 23 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
23 min ago