Burglary suspect charged after scuffling with cops
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Several charges have been filed against a burglary suspect who allegedly hit and kicked three southern New Jersey police officers who were trying to arrest him.
Toms River police tell the Asbury Park Press that an off-duty Manchester Township officer saw 22-year-old Andrew Aurigemma of Hoboken break the window of a parked car early Thursday.
After being approached by the officer, Aurigemma allegedly claimed he had a gun and fled on foot. But the off-duty officer and two Toms River officers soon captured him after a short scuffle.
Aurigemma was charged with burglary, criminal mischief and aggravated assault on a police officer. He's being held on $75,000 cash bail, and it was not known if he had retained an attorney.
One officer was treated for a minor thumb injury.
burglary, police, toms river, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- Montgomery Co. DA: Drug ring targeted students 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All clear given at Del. National Guard base 7 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 36 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 34 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 9 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 19 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Montgomery Co. DA: Drug ring targeted...
1 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
36 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
34 min ago
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
19 min ago