Armed suspect sought in Frankford robbery
FRANKFORD - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who robbed a Frankford business at gun point and made off with a safe Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened shortly after 4:00 p.m. in the 4600 block of Frankford Avenue.
Police say the suspect managed to get away with a safe containing an unknown amount of money.
The suspect did not fire any shots and no one was hurt.
He is described as a light complexion black man, 5'7" tall, 140 pounds and clean shaven.
He was seen wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, jeans and a red cap.Anyone with information should contact the police.
robbery, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights 9 min ago
- Temps soar above normal 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 16 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
16 min ago