Five injured in head-on crash with SEPTA bus in Philadelphia
TIOGA-NICETOWN - November 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A SEPTA bus collided head-on with a car early Friday morning.
It happened at 1:00 a.m. at Germantown Avenue and Pike Street in the Tioga-Nicetown section of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver of a Jaguar sedan appeared to be under the influence when he lost control and collided with a Route 23 SEPTA bus.
The motorist was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition. He has since been upgraded to stable.
Four people on the bus were treated for minor injuries.
philadelphia, accident, SEPTA, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ