$325M, 4th largest Powerball ever, Saturday
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - November 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The jackpot for Powerball's Saturday drawing has climbed to $325 million, the fourth-largest in the game's history.
You can see the Powerball lottery drawings Wednesdays and Saturdays on 6abc.
A single winner's cash payout would be nearly $213 million before taxes.
Powerball organizers say this is the first run-up to a large jackpot that's fallen over a major holiday. They're unsure whether Thanksgiving and Black Friday will help or hinder sales.
Powerball jackpots have increased more rapidly since the game's organizers doubled the ticket price to $2 in January. An Iowa couple won $202 million in a Sept. 26 drawing, and an anonymous winner in Delaware got $50 million prize the next week.
Roxie Breece, assistant manager at a Cenex convenience store in Ogallala, Neb., says far more Powerball tickets than usual have been sold over the past week.
pennsylvania, delaware, new jersey, lottery, powerball, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow 39 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school 17 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 18 min ago
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl 25 min ago
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons 21 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- More Snow on the Way
19 min ago