Man shot in attempted robbery in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an attempted robbery is what led to a shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:30 Friday evening at the intersection of 51st Street and Willows Avenue.
Initial reports indicate that the victim - in his 20s - was shot in the jaw.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
Meanwhile the suspect fled the scene on foot.
The shooting remains under investigation.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 50 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra