Man shot in attempted robbery in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an attempted robbery is what led to a shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:30 Friday evening at the intersection of 51st Street and Willows Avenue.
Initial reports indicate that the victim - in his 20s - was shot in the jaw.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
Meanwhile the suspect fled the scene on foot.
The shooting remains under investigation.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'