Del. police investigating robbery in Hockessin
HOCKESSIN, Del. (AP) - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police troopers say they're investigating the armed robbery of a gas station in Hockessin.
Police say the robbery happened at just before 5 a.m. Friday at a Shell gas station at 5821 Limestone Road.
Police say a gas station employee was preparing to open the business when he was confronted by two suspects wearing masks, one of them with a gun and the other with a knife. Police say the employee was forced to lie on the floor, and the suspects bound his hands. The suspects then allegedly stole money from two cash registers, took cigarettes and also took money from the employee's pockets.
The employee was able to free himself and call 911 after the suspects fled.
robbery, delaware, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 23 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 59 min ago