Victims in deadly Silverdale, Bucks County crash ID'd
SILVERDALE, Pa. - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crash in Silverdale, Bucks County left two people dead and one injured - the identities of all three victims have been released.
It happened around 5:30 Saturday evening on Routes 113 and 152.
Hilltown Township police say 32-year-old Stacy Byrne, the driver of a Chevy Cavalier was stopped at a red light in the northbound lanes of Route 152.
Her vehicle was struck from behind by a Toyota Camry. The driver of the Toyota was identified as 49-year-old Mary E. Dodds.
The impact of the crash caused the Chevy to go into the left side of the intersection where it sideswiped a utility pole and struck a clothing bin.
The Toyota continued across the intersection, struck a large rock and several sheds, then went airborne.
The drivers of both vehicles were pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the Chevy, identified as Ian Byrne, the husband of one of the victims, was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital for minor injuries.
An investigation into what sparked the crash is still underway.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 26 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ