Victims in deadly Silverdale, Bucks County crash ID'd
SILVERDALE, Pa. - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crash in Silverdale, Bucks County left two people dead and one injured - the identities of all three victims have been released.
It happened around 5:30 Saturday evening on Routes 113 and 152.
Hilltown Township police say 32-year-old Stacy Byrne, the driver of a Chevy Cavalier was stopped at a red light in the northbound lanes of Route 152.
Her vehicle was struck from behind by a Toyota Camry. The driver of the Toyota was identified as 49-year-old Mary E. Dodds.
The impact of the crash caused the Chevy to go into the left side of the intersection where it sideswiped a utility pole and struck a clothing bin.
The Toyota continued across the intersection, struck a large rock and several sheds, then went airborne.
The drivers of both vehicles were pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the Chevy, identified as Ian Byrne, the husband of one of the victims, was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital for minor injuries.
An investigation into what sparked the crash is still underway.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book