Crimefighters: Who killed Jewel Manire?
CAMDEN, N.J. - November 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A killer is still on the loose, months after two people were shot to death and now a $15,000 reward is being offered.
19-year-old Jewel Manire - a young mother - was one of two people killed when a masked gunman opened fire on a car in Camden.
It happened shortly before midnight on October 6th.
Manire and four others were sitting in a Chevy Lumina parked on Hull Street, when a man armed with a machete and a gun approached the car.
The suspect opened fire killing Manire and 20-year-old Khalil Gibson.
A 16-year-old girl was shot in the head and a 20-year-old woman was shot in the face.
Another 16-year-old girl was shot in the arm but was able to escape and call 911.
Manire's father has posted a $5,000 reward and Camden authorities are offering a $10,000 reward.
It totals $15,000 in all but the reward is being broken down into two increments $7,000 and $8,000.
John Apeldorn of the Citizens Crime Commission explains.
"When the arrest happens, they get $7,000 up front, when the conviction comes they get another $8,000. So let's get these people off the street. They're dangerous, shot five people - we don't need them out there running around," said Apeldorn.
Camden County authorities say the suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 6 feet tall. He was last seen wearing a mask that covered the lower portion of his face and yellow latex gloves.
Anyone with information can call the Citizens Crime Commission Hotline at 215-546-8477. Tips can remain anonymous.
new jersey, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 36 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 6 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 5 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
23 min ago