NJ woman struck, killed by public works truck
SEA ISLE CITY, NJ - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman on the Sea Isle City promenade was killed this weekend when she was struck by a municipal public works truck.
Authorities tell The Press of Atlantic City that the 69-year-old Medford woman, whose name was not disclosed, was struck around 1 p.m. Saturday. She was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed. The name of the truck's driver was not released.
Town officials say the truck was being used on the promenade to help clean up debris spawned by Superstorm Sandy.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey, ocean county, jersey shore, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load