NJ woman struck, killed by public works truck
SEA ISLE CITY, NJ - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman on the Sea Isle City promenade was killed this weekend when she was struck by a municipal public works truck.
Authorities tell The Press of Atlantic City that the 69-year-old Medford woman, whose name was not disclosed, was struck around 1 p.m. Saturday. She was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed. The name of the truck's driver was not released.
Town officials say the truck was being used on the promenade to help clean up debris spawned by Superstorm Sandy.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey, ocean county, jersey shore, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 36 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 1 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 29 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act