NJ woman struck, killed by public works truck
SEA ISLE CITY, NJ - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman on the Sea Isle City promenade was killed this weekend when she was struck by a municipal public works truck.
Authorities tell The Press of Atlantic City that the 69-year-old Medford woman, whose name was not disclosed, was struck around 1 p.m. Saturday. She was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation, and no charges have been filed. The name of the truck's driver was not released.
Town officials say the truck was being used on the promenade to help clean up debris spawned by Superstorm Sandy.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey, ocean county, jersey shore, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos