Dozens evacuated in Bear, Del. apartment fire
BEAR, Del. - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of units had to be evacuated when flames broke out inside a New Castle County apartment complex.
It happened around 7:00 Sunday evening at Fox Run Apartments on the 1000 block of Woodchuck Place.
Fire crews started to battle the blaze and had to shut off all utilities in the building.
About 24 apartment units were evacuated and officials say they hope to let at least half of those residents back by the end of the night.
No injuries were reported but the building sustained water damage.
Authorities believe the fire started in the laundry area and spread into the walls of the complex.
Investigators confirmed Monday that the fire was ruled to be "accidental."
Damage was estimated at about $85,000.
delaware, new castle county, fire, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry