Dozens evacuated in Bear, Del. apartment fire
BEAR, Del. - November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of units had to be evacuated when flames broke out inside a New Castle County apartment complex.
It happened around 7:00 Sunday evening at Fox Run Apartments on the 1000 block of Woodchuck Place.
Fire crews started to battle the blaze and had to shut off all utilities in the building.
About 24 apartment units were evacuated and officials say they hope to let at least half of those residents back by the end of the night.
No injuries were reported but the building sustained water damage.
Authorities believe the fire started in the laundry area and spread into the walls of the complex.
Investigators confirmed Monday that the fire was ruled to be "accidental."
Damage was estimated at about $85,000.
delaware, new castle county, fire, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 31 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized