Clumsy Radio Shack burglar caught on camera in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - November 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking for the public's help identifying a clumsy electronics store burglar caught on camera.
It happened Thanksgiving Day at 9:15 a.m.
Surveillance video shows the burglar slipping into the Radio Shack store at 7723 Crittenden Street after kicking in the glass on the front door.
Once inside, the man struggles for more than a minute trying to pull the cash drawer from under the counter.
He finally succeeds and walks out of the store with the drawer under his arm. Police say it contained $313 in cash.
Investigators have released the following description of the suspect:
Black male, 30-40 years-of-age, stocky build, medium complexion, wearing a dark ski cap, gray hooded sweatshirt, tan khaki pants, dark sneakers, and reddish/orange colored gloves.
Anyone with information about the crime or the suspect is asked to contact Detective Druding at the Philadelphia Police Northwest Detectives Division at 215-686-3353/3354.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 19 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 50 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 27 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
19 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
50 min ago