Serial bank bandit strikes 5 times in Pennsylvania and Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help identifying a serial bank bandit who has struck twice in Delaware and three times in Pennsylvania.
Delaware State Police say the latest robbery in Delaware happened November 14th at the Delaware First FCU on Newport Gap Pike in Wilmington.
They say the bandit walked into the bank, approached a 21-year-old female teller, and demanded money. The teller turned over an undisclosed amount of cash, and the suspect fled from the bank on foot.
On October 30th police say the same man walked into the M&T Bank in the Astro Shopping Center in Newark, Delaware.
He told a 22-year-old teller he was armed and demanded money. He fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Authorities believe the same man also robbed two banks in Media, Pa. and one in Chadds Ford, Pa. between October 20th and November 24th.
He is described as a black male, 20 to 30 years old, 5'9"tall with an average build.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the crimes is asked to contact the Delaware State Police Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 extension 254 or extension 6, or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com or by text message to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
delaware, bank robbery, pennsylvania, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 59 min ago
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
59 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
57 min ago