Man critical after sword attack in Frankford
FRANKFORD - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was attacked by a man wielding a sword early Tuesday morning.
The attack happened around 1:00 a.m. inside a home on the 5100 block of James Street in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the victim was actually trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman. That's when, they say, the man grabbed a sword and repeatedly stabbed the victim's left arm.
Police now say the victim may lose that arm.
The woman drove the victim to the hospital where he remains in critical condition.
The suspect, who was known to the victim, fled the scene and remains on the loose.
frankford, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man