Man critical after sword attack in Frankford
FRANKFORD - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was attacked by a man wielding a sword early Tuesday morning.
The attack happened around 1:00 a.m. inside a home on the 5100 block of James Street in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the victim was actually trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman. That's when, they say, the man grabbed a sword and repeatedly stabbed the victim's left arm.
Police now say the victim may lose that arm.
The woman drove the victim to the hospital where he remains in critical condition.
The suspect, who was known to the victim, fled the scene and remains on the loose.
frankford, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 16 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in White Marsh 17 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
16 min ago