Man critical after sword attack in Frankford
FRANKFORD - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was attacked by a man wielding a sword early Tuesday morning.
The attack happened around 1:00 a.m. inside a home on the 5100 block of James Street in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the victim was actually trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman. That's when, they say, the man grabbed a sword and repeatedly stabbed the victim's left arm.
Police now say the victim may lose that arm.
The woman drove the victim to the hospital where he remains in critical condition.
The suspect, who was known to the victim, fled the scene and remains on the loose.
frankford, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 54 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 37 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
37 min ago