Man critical after sword attack in Frankford
FRANKFORD - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was attacked by a man wielding a sword early Tuesday morning.
The attack happened around 1:00 a.m. inside a home on the 5100 block of James Street in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the victim was actually trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman. That's when, they say, the man grabbed a sword and repeatedly stabbed the victim's left arm.
Police now say the victim may lose that arm.
The woman drove the victim to the hospital where he remains in critical condition.
The suspect, who was known to the victim, fled the scene and remains on the loose.
frankford, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail 20 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 24 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 12 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 31 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 14 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 43 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
50 min ago