Man critical after sword attack in Frankford
FRANKFORD - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after he was attacked by a man wielding a sword early Tuesday morning.
The attack happened around 1:00 a.m. inside a home on the 5100 block of James Street in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the victim was actually trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman. That's when, they say, the man grabbed a sword and repeatedly stabbed the victim's left arm.
Police now say the victim may lose that arm.
The woman drove the victim to the hospital where he remains in critical condition.
The suspect, who was known to the victim, fled the scene and remains on the loose.
frankford, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 35 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 51 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos