Police: NJ woman was tortured by 4 relatives
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say four relatives tortured a New Jersey woman, beating her with a pipe and cane, shocking her with a stun gun and forcing her to drink urine.
Four Mount Holly residents were charged Sunday with aggravated assault, criminal restraint and weapons offenses.
Police have not released the name of the 37-year-old woman or her relationship to the suspects. She is in a hospital.
But authorities say she moved in with the others two years ago to care for a family member. Mount Holly Police Chief Steve Martin tells the Burlington County Times the torture began in the last several months.
The suspects, Edward Jester, Georgianna Jester, Ellen Hairston and Paulette Hairston, were all being held on bail ranging from $35,000 to $50,000.
Information from: Burlington County Times
new jersey, burlington county, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 15 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 50 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 15 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
15 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
15 min ago