Police: NJ woman was tortured by 4 relatives
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say four relatives tortured a New Jersey woman, beating her with a pipe and cane, shocking her with a stun gun and forcing her to drink urine.
Four Mount Holly residents were charged Sunday with aggravated assault, criminal restraint and weapons offenses.
Police have not released the name of the 37-year-old woman or her relationship to the suspects. She is in a hospital.
But authorities say she moved in with the others two years ago to care for a family member. Mount Holly Police Chief Steve Martin tells the Burlington County Times the torture began in the last several months.
The suspects, Edward Jester, Georgianna Jester, Ellen Hairston and Paulette Hairston, were all being held on bail ranging from $35,000 to $50,000.
Information from: Burlington County Times
new jersey, burlington county, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
54 min ago