Police: Man who shot pregnant girlfriend, killed her mom arrested
SALISBURY, Md. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say the man who allegedly shot and stabbed his pregnant girlfriend, wounded her sister and killed their mom has been arrested in Maryland.
Myles Lyons, 19, was wanted for the bloodshed in the 8200 block of Jersey Road in Salisbury, Maryland early Tuesday morning.
The girlfriend, 19-year-old Tyisha Jackson, who is more than eight months pregnant, along with her 17-year-old sister, are hospitalized in critical condition.
The mother of the teens, 39-year-old Lakisha Jackson, is dead.
Lyons was in custody by Tuesday afternoon. Police say he was arrested in Cambridge, Maryland.
Earlier in the day, authorities said Lyons was possibly headed to Camden, New Jersey, where he has relatives.
Investigators say three younger children were at home at the time of the incident - a 2-month-old, a 2-year-old and a 10-year-old.
new jersey, maryland, homicide, shooting, stabbing, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed