Police: Man who shot pregnant girlfriend, killed her mom arrested
SALISBURY, Md. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say the man who allegedly shot and stabbed his pregnant girlfriend, wounded her sister and killed their mom has been arrested in Maryland.
Myles Lyons, 19, was wanted for the bloodshed in the 8200 block of Jersey Road in Salisbury, Maryland early Tuesday morning.
The girlfriend, 19-year-old Tyisha Jackson, who is more than eight months pregnant, along with her 17-year-old sister, are hospitalized in critical condition.
The mother of the teens, 39-year-old Lakisha Jackson, is dead.
Lyons was in custody by Tuesday afternoon. Police say he was arrested in Cambridge, Maryland.
Earlier in the day, authorities said Lyons was possibly headed to Camden, New Jersey, where he has relatives.
Investigators say three younger children were at home at the time of the incident - a 2-month-old, a 2-year-old and a 10-year-old.
new jersey, maryland, homicide, shooting, stabbing, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 32 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 37 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 25 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber