Some Mercer Co. schools briefly locked down
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some schools in Mercer County, New Jersey were briefly locked down Tuesday morning due to a nearby home invasion.
The incident happened in the 600 block of Wilfred Avenue.
Police say the suspect fled the scene with some type of weapon.
Because the suspect was at large, the following schools were briefly on lockdown:
Hamilton West High
Hamilton Education Program
The lockdown was lifted at 11:30 a.m.
The suspect remains at large.
new jersey, mercer county, school, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 21 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 23 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
17 min ago