Some Mercer Co. schools briefly locked down
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some schools in Mercer County, New Jersey were briefly locked down Tuesday morning due to a nearby home invasion.
The incident happened in the 600 block of Wilfred Avenue.
Police say the suspect fled the scene with some type of weapon.
Because the suspect was at large, the following schools were briefly on lockdown:
Hamilton West High
Hamilton Education Program
The lockdown was lifted at 11:30 a.m.
The suspect remains at large.
new jersey, mercer county, school, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 53 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
42 min ago