Some Mercer Co. schools briefly locked down
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some schools in Mercer County, New Jersey were briefly locked down Tuesday morning due to a nearby home invasion.
The incident happened in the 600 block of Wilfred Avenue.
Police say the suspect fled the scene with some type of weapon.
Because the suspect was at large, the following schools were briefly on lockdown:
Hamilton West High
Hamilton Education Program
The lockdown was lifted at 11:30 a.m.
The suspect remains at large.
new jersey, mercer county, school, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 18 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom