$500M Powerball fever grips the region
PHILADELPHIA - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Powerball's record breaking $500-million jackpot is causing a craze in our area as people line up to buy their tickets.
"That's a lot of money. I would have to help out and donate some money to people that need it," Peg Long of Roxborough said.
In Havertown, the Beer Guys have been working overtime on the Powerball machine.
And at a 7-11 in Roxborough, Slurpees and big dreams of becoming a millionaire were being bought a couple of dollars at time.
Cabbie Joe Stumpo jumped into a Powerball pool with 20 other taxi drivers.
What would he do if he won?
"Hide and call my lawyer," Joe said.
A financial advisor would tell you not a bad idea.
But right now, it seems everyone is just having a little fun thinking about what if?
A reminder that your shot at winning the jackpot is one in 175 million.
Tomorrow, the lines will most likely be much longer because Powerball officials say 60% of their sales happen the day of the drawing.
Watch the Powerball drawing Wednesday night live on Action News at 11.
philadelphia, delaware, pennsylvania, new jersey, lottery, powerball, local/state, kenneth moton
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 16 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
50 min ago