$500M Powerball fever grips the region
PHILADELPHIA - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Powerball's record breaking $500-million jackpot is causing a craze in our area as people line up to buy their tickets.
"That's a lot of money. I would have to help out and donate some money to people that need it," Peg Long of Roxborough said.
In Havertown, the Beer Guys have been working overtime on the Powerball machine.
And at a 7-11 in Roxborough, Slurpees and big dreams of becoming a millionaire were being bought a couple of dollars at time.
Cabbie Joe Stumpo jumped into a Powerball pool with 20 other taxi drivers.
What would he do if he won?
"Hide and call my lawyer," Joe said.
A financial advisor would tell you not a bad idea.
But right now, it seems everyone is just having a little fun thinking about what if?
A reminder that your shot at winning the jackpot is one in 175 million.
Tomorrow, the lines will most likely be much longer because Powerball officials say 60% of their sales happen the day of the drawing.
Watch the Powerball drawing Wednesday night live on Action News at 11.
philadelphia, delaware, pennsylvania, new jersey, lottery, powerball, local/state, kenneth moton
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 22 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 41 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 12 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos