Boyfriend 'person of interest' in woman's murder
HUNTING PARK - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A manhunt is under way for a murder suspect wanted for killing his girlfriend while her 6-year-old daughter slept in the next room.
Police are searching for 33-year-old Dominique Haynes, a person of interest in Tuesday night's execution-style murder of his girlfriend, Rasheedah Blunt.
Blunt was shot at least five times in the chest, torso and arms, inside the apartment on the 3500 block of Old York Road in the Hunting Park section of the city around 11:30 p.m.
Police found her body on a bed on the second floor front bedroom.
The killing went down in the apartment the two had shared since September.
Neighbors told police they heard a loud domestic argument rage in her second floor apartment, then multiple gunshots, then saw a man fleeing the scene.
Haynes, who has a lengthy criminal record, immediately became the number one suspect.
"He's a live-in boyfriend, he hasn't been seen since. He did not show up for work today and we need to talk to him," Captain James Clark of the Philadelphia Police Department said.
27-year-old Rasheedah Blunt was killed as her 6-year-daughter slept in another room along with a 3-year-old male cousin.
Police say the children did not wake up until they arrived.
Blunt's relatives say they were all last together for a big family meal on Thanksgiving.
Ashley, a shocked, grieving cousin, says Haynes appeared to be a nice guy.
"He gave her everything she wanted. That's why I don't understand why he would do such a thing, to hurt her," Ashley said.
Police say Haynes has been out of jail for less than a year.
philadelphia, hunting park, shooting, homicide, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 30 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 49 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash 46 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
7 min ago