3 rescued from fishing boat in NJ
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard helped rescue three people from a commercial fishing boat that struck the Manasquan Inlet jetty.
The Coast Guard says the vessel Ocean One had lost power due to a mechanical failure, struck the rocks and ran aground around 10:15 p.m. Tuesday.
A rescue crew took the three fishermen to the Manasquan Inlet Coast Guard Station, which is still recovering from damage from Superstorm Sandy.
No injuries were reported.
accident, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 4 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 43 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 38 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 45 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 5 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Winter Warm Up
10 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
19 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
43 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
37 min ago