3 rescued from fishing boat in NJ
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard helped rescue three people from a commercial fishing boat that struck the Manasquan Inlet jetty.
The Coast Guard says the vessel Ocean One had lost power due to a mechanical failure, struck the rocks and ran aground around 10:15 p.m. Tuesday.
A rescue crew took the three fishermen to the Manasquan Inlet Coast Guard Station, which is still recovering from damage from Superstorm Sandy.
No injuries were reported.
accident, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 8 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 33 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos