3 rescued from fishing boat in NJ
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard helped rescue three people from a commercial fishing boat that struck the Manasquan Inlet jetty.
The Coast Guard says the vessel Ocean One had lost power due to a mechanical failure, struck the rocks and ran aground around 10:15 p.m. Tuesday.
A rescue crew took the three fishermen to the Manasquan Inlet Coast Guard Station, which is still recovering from damage from Superstorm Sandy.
No injuries were reported.
accident, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 49 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 46 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 50 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 48 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 44 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 2 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures