Pa. woman sentenced for facilitating abuse of tot
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) -November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania woman who allowed a man to sexually abuse a 3-year-old girl has been ordered to spend at least a dozen years in prison.
Twenty-four-year-old Samantha Mathers, of Williamsport, was sentenced Tuesday on charges including conspiracy and sexual exploitation of children for offenses involving the young girl and a New York man she met online and later married.
Investigators say Mathers held and comforted the child during one April 2011 encounter with 39-year-old Richard Lafayette, of Watertown, N.Y. Lafayette is currently serving a sentence of at least 7 years.
The Williamsport Sun-Gazette reports Lycoming County Judge Marc Lovecchio chastised Mathers for presenting the child to Lafayette on a "silver platter."
Mathers' attorney said her client was abused as a child and victimized by Lafayette.
children, child abuse, child sex assault, sentencing, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 29 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ