DA: Glen Mills man absconded to Ireland
WEST CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities said a Philadelphia-area man with a history of legal troubles has fled the country after failing a court-ordered drug test.
Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said Wednesday that detectives have determined 23-year-old Sean O'Neill Jr., of Glen Mills, is currently in the Republic of Ireland.
O'Neill served time as a juvenile for killing his best friend with a shotgun in 2006 during a party at O'Neill's home. He was currently on parole from a DUI conviction for crashing his SUV into a house in 2011.
Hogan said O'Neill tested positive for alcohol and illegal drugs while on parole.
His father, Sean O'Neill Sr., is a native of Northern Ireland and was deported there last year after serving time on federal weapons and tax fraud charges, among other offenses.
pennsylvania, chester county, homicide, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 42 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 54 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
46 min ago