Route 422 accident victims identified in Montgomery County, Pa.
UPPER PROVIDENCE, Pa. - November 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the people involved in Thursday's accident that shut down eastbound US Route 422 in Montgomery County.
The crash happened after 10:00 a.m. Thursday near mile marker 181.5 in Upper Providence.
Police say Diane DeCarlo, 65, of Douglassville, Pa. was changing lanes when she lost control of her 1996 Lincoln Continental sedan.
The car slammed into a PennDOT dump truck parked on the right shoulder of the road.
DeCarlo and a passenger, 87-year-old Vincent John DeCarlo, also of Douglassville, were taken to Paoli Hospital in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the PennDOT truck, 53-year-old John DeMichael, Jr. of Barto, Pa. was not injured.
All eastbound lanes of Route 422 were closed at Township Line Road at the Royersford Interchange until 12:15 p.m. as crews worked to clear the wreckage.
pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 2 min ago
- Windy and cold today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 53 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 29 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad