Route 422 accident victims identified in Montgomery County, Pa.
UPPER PROVIDENCE, Pa. - November 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the people involved in Thursday's accident that shut down eastbound US Route 422 in Montgomery County.
The crash happened after 10:00 a.m. Thursday near mile marker 181.5 in Upper Providence.
Police say Diane DeCarlo, 65, of Douglassville, Pa. was changing lanes when she lost control of her 1996 Lincoln Continental sedan.
The car slammed into a PennDOT dump truck parked on the right shoulder of the road.
DeCarlo and a passenger, 87-year-old Vincent John DeCarlo, also of Douglassville, were taken to Paoli Hospital in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the PennDOT truck, 53-year-old John DeMichael, Jr. of Barto, Pa. was not injured.
All eastbound lanes of Route 422 were closed at Township Line Road at the Royersford Interchange until 12:15 p.m. as crews worked to clear the wreckage.
pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 8 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 55 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Firefighters battle 2-alarm fire in Willingboro 27 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
8 min ago