New Castle County lifts outdoor smoking ban
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - (WPVI) -- FIRST PARAGRAPH
The News Journal of Wilmington reports New Castle County Chief Administrative Officer David Grimaldi, who is three weeks into his new county job and a smoker himself, made the change. He says the change should increase the productivity of county workers who smoke because they won't have to leave the property to take a smoke break. The county had put the ban in place less than a year ago.
A state ban on smoking indoors and close to public buildings still applies. The law that banned indoor smoking, Delaware's Clean Indoor Air Act, went into effect ten years ago this month.
new castle county, smoking, delaware, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?