Elderly man beaten and robbed in Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 82-year-old man was beaten and robbed during a home invasion in North Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. on the 3000 block on North Marshall Street.
Police say the suspect climbed through a window and beat the man in the face with a baseball bat and fled on foot with $500.
The unidentified victim was taken to Temple University Hospital and listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspect.
assault, north philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 10 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank 41 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Down At The Shore