Elderly man beaten and robbed in Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 82-year-old man was beaten and robbed during a home invasion in North Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. on the 3000 block on North Marshall Street.
Police say the suspect climbed through a window and beat the man in the face with a baseball bat and fled on foot with $500.
The unidentified victim was taken to Temple University Hospital and listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspect.
assault, north philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man