Elderly man beaten and robbed in Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 82-year-old man was beaten and robbed during a home invasion in North Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. on the 3000 block on North Marshall Street.
Police say the suspect climbed through a window and beat the man in the face with a baseball bat and fled on foot with $500.
The unidentified victim was taken to Temple University Hospital and listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspect.
assault, north philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos