Elderly man beaten and robbed in Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 82-year-old man was beaten and robbed during a home invasion in North Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. on the 3000 block on North Marshall Street.
Police say the suspect climbed through a window and beat the man in the face with a baseball bat and fled on foot with $500.
The unidentified victim was taken to Temple University Hospital and listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspect.
assault, north philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 33 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House