Elderly man beaten and robbed in Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 82-year-old man was beaten and robbed during a home invasion in North Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. on the 3000 block on North Marshall Street.
Police say the suspect climbed through a window and beat the man in the face with a baseball bat and fled on foot with $500.
The unidentified victim was taken to Temple University Hospital and listed in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspect.
assault, north philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list