Elderly man injured in house fire in Logan
LOGAN - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say an elderly man was injured during a house fire in the Logan section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:15 a.m. on the 5000 block of North Sydenham Street.
Firefighters battled the fast moving fire which caused smoke damage to neighboring homes. At least four people were displaced.
The Red Cross was called in to assist these residents. According to officials, the elderly man was injured and taken to the hospital. He was treated for smoke inhalation and listed in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, logan, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 14 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 20 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
20 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
39 min ago