Elderly man injured in house fire in Logan
LOGAN - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say an elderly man was injured during a house fire in the Logan section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:15 a.m. on the 5000 block of North Sydenham Street.
Firefighters battled the fast moving fire which caused smoke damage to neighboring homes. At least four people were displaced.
The Red Cross was called in to assist these residents. According to officials, the elderly man was injured and taken to the hospital. He was treated for smoke inhalation and listed in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, logan, philadelphia, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 18 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 12 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 39 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 49 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 31 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos