Elderly man injured in house fire in Logan
LOGAN - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say an elderly man was injured during a house fire in the Logan section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:15 a.m. on the 5000 block of North Sydenham Street.
Firefighters battled the fast moving fire which caused smoke damage to neighboring homes. At least four people were displaced.
The Red Cross was called in to assist these residents. According to officials, the elderly man was injured and taken to the hospital. He was treated for smoke inhalation and listed in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, logan, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man