Del. man cited for inattentive driving in bridge crash
ST. GEORGES, Del. (AP) - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an Ellendale man has been cited for inattentive driving as a result of a crash on the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal Bridge.
The Delaware State Police say the crash happened Thursday just before 9:20 p.m. when the 35-year-old driver of a box truck hit a tractor trailer and then the side wall of the bridge.
The box truck driver, Joseph Shreves of Ellendale, was trapped for 40 minutes before being freed by fire officials. Shreves was treated at the scene for leg and possible internal injuries and was taken to the hospital in a Delaware State Police helicopter. Delaware State Police say he was treated and released.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not injured.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 7 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 5 min ago
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
2 min ago