Del. man cited for inattentive driving in bridge crash
ST. GEORGES, Del. (AP) - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an Ellendale man has been cited for inattentive driving as a result of a crash on the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal Bridge.
The Delaware State Police say the crash happened Thursday just before 9:20 p.m. when the 35-year-old driver of a box truck hit a tractor trailer and then the side wall of the bridge.
The box truck driver, Joseph Shreves of Ellendale, was trapped for 40 minutes before being freed by fire officials. Shreves was treated at the scene for leg and possible internal injuries and was taken to the hospital in a Delaware State Police helicopter. Delaware State Police say he was treated and released.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not injured.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 23 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
5 min ago