Fire crews battle apartment fire in West Oak Lane
PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are investigating an apartment fire in West Oak Lane Friday afternoon.
It happened just before 2:30 p.m. in the 4900 block of Stenton Avenue.
Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from a fourth floor laundry room of the five story apartment building.
The building was evacuated as a precaution as smoke filled the 4th and 5th floors.
The fire was brought under control around 3:15 p.m.
Officials say the fire was confined to the one unit, and there were no reported injuries.
Officials expect to all residents to return to their apartment.
fire, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower