Fire crews battle apartment fire in West Oak Lane
PHILADELPHIA - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are investigating an apartment fire in West Oak Lane Friday afternoon.
It happened just before 2:30 p.m. in the 4900 block of Stenton Avenue.
Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from a fourth floor laundry room of the five story apartment building.
The building was evacuated as a precaution as smoke filled the 4th and 5th floors.
The fire was brought under control around 3:15 p.m.
Officials say the fire was confined to the one unit, and there were no reported injuries.
Officials expect to all residents to return to their apartment.
fire, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish