Police investigate elder abuse claim in Bucks Co.
FEASTERVILLE, Pa. - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating allegations of abuse at an assisted-living home for seniors in Bucks County.
Sources tell Action News that Lower Southampton Police have launched the investigation into an incident involving two female care workers and a female patient at The Arbors at Buck Run in Feasterville.
Action News has learned that an incident was videotaped and the two employees involved were terminated immediately after the video surfaced this week.
The incidents reportedly happened in October and November.
Police say charges could be announced as early as next week.
The victim is now being cared for at another location. Officials from the Pa. Department of Welfare visited the complex on Friday to learn more about the alleged abuse of the patient.
The Arbors at Buck Run specializes in assisted living and caring for patients with Alzheimer's and dementia.
In a statement, Senior Vice President of Operations Mark D. Miller said:
"We are very concerned by the allegations that were brought to our attention this past Wednesday. We immediately removed the employees in question from active employment and any contact with the residents. In addition to our own on-going investigation, we are cooperating fully with the appropriate authorities in their investigation.
At the Arbors, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of care and service to our residents. We continue to strive to fulfill this mission every day."
pennsylvania, bucks county, elder abuse, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 46 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 54 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep