Police investigate elder abuse claim in Bucks Co.
FEASTERVILLE, Pa. - November 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating allegations of abuse at an assisted-living home for seniors in Bucks County.
Sources tell Action News that Lower Southampton Police have launched the investigation into an incident involving two female care workers and a female patient at The Arbors at Buck Run in Feasterville.
Action News has learned that an incident was videotaped and the two employees involved were terminated immediately after the video surfaced this week.
The incidents reportedly happened in October and November.
Police say charges could be announced as early as next week.
The victim is now being cared for at another location. Officials from the Pa. Department of Welfare visited the complex on Friday to learn more about the alleged abuse of the patient.
The Arbors at Buck Run specializes in assisted living and caring for patients with Alzheimer's and dementia.
In a statement, Senior Vice President of Operations Mark D. Miller said:
"We are very concerned by the allegations that were brought to our attention this past Wednesday. We immediately removed the employees in question from active employment and any contact with the residents. In addition to our own on-going investigation, we are cooperating fully with the appropriate authorities in their investigation.
At the Arbors, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of care and service to our residents. We continue to strive to fulfill this mission every day."
pennsylvania, bucks county, elder abuse, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 27 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 37 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more