Prosecutor: 1 killed, 8 displaced in Ocean Co. fire
LAKEWOOD, NJ - December 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say one man was killed and eight other people were displaced when a fast-moving fire roared through an Ocean County home.
Investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the blaze that destroyed the two-story home in Lakewood early Saturday.
Prosecutors tell the Asbury Park Press that the person killed, identified only as a 41-year-old man, was found inside the home. But his cause of death has not yet been determined.
Authorities say the eight displaced residents - four children, ranging in age from 6 to 13, and four adults - were temporarily staying with friends.
Roughly 55 firefighters battled the blaze, which was reported around 12:45 a.m. It was brought under control about 90 minutes later.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press
new jersey, ocean county, fire, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 28 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 34 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 17 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 50 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos