Teen hit by car in Bensalem this week has died
BENSALEM, Pa. - December 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The teenager who was hit by a car earlier this week in Bensalem, Bucks County died on Saturday morning.
Ryan Viola, 17, was hit on Thursday morning at the intersection of Bensalem Boulevard and Port Side Drive.
Investigators said Viola, a Bucks County Technical School student, was attempting to cross traffic on Bensalem Boulevard to get to a bus stop when he was struck.
Viola was in the crosswalk but, police say, he was walking against the light.
Police said the driver was a 54-year-old woman from Northeast Philadelphia who was driving without a valid license. Her license had been suspended in two states, for reasons that are unclear.
The woman was cooperating with the investigation, police said. She told investigators that it was dark and she never saw the teen in the intersection.
There was still no word on Saturday on if that driver would be charged.
bucks county, bensalem, pennsylvania, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 31 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7