Teen hit by car in Bensalem this week has died
BENSALEM, Pa. - December 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The teenager who was hit by a car earlier this week in Bensalem, Bucks County died on Saturday morning.
Ryan Viola, 17, was hit on Thursday morning at the intersection of Bensalem Boulevard and Port Side Drive.
Investigators said Viola, a Bucks County Technical School student, was attempting to cross traffic on Bensalem Boulevard to get to a bus stop when he was struck.
Viola was in the crosswalk but, police say, he was walking against the light.
Police said the driver was a 54-year-old woman from Northeast Philadelphia who was driving without a valid license. Her license had been suspended in two states, for reasons that are unclear.
The woman was cooperating with the investigation, police said. She told investigators that it was dark and she never saw the teen in the intersection.
There was still no word on Saturday on if that driver would be charged.
bucks county, bensalem, pennsylvania, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 41 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 28 min ago