Teen hit by car in Bensalem this week has died
BENSALEM, Pa. - December 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The teenager who was hit by a car earlier this week in Bensalem, Bucks County died on Saturday morning.
Ryan Viola, 17, was hit on Thursday morning at the intersection of Bensalem Boulevard and Port Side Drive.
Investigators said Viola, a Bucks County Technical School student, was attempting to cross traffic on Bensalem Boulevard to get to a bus stop when he was struck.
Viola was in the crosswalk but, police say, he was walking against the light.
Police said the driver was a 54-year-old woman from Northeast Philadelphia who was driving without a valid license. Her license had been suspended in two states, for reasons that are unclear.
The woman was cooperating with the investigation, police said. She told investigators that it was dark and she never saw the teen in the intersection.
There was still no word on Saturday on if that driver would be charged.
bucks county, bensalem, pennsylvania, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)