Pedestrian hit by car in New Castle Co. ID'd
TALLEYVILLE, Del. - December 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was rushed to the hospital after being hit by a car on Saturday evening in New Castle County, Delaware.
The accident happened around 5:00 p.m. on Naamans Road near Concord Pike in Talleyville.
Police say a 49-year-old Kevin M. Truehart of Wilmington was hit by a vehicle going westbound on Naamans Road.
Investigators say the driver of that car, 23-year-old Jamisa Johnson of Bear, Del., tried to avoid Truehart but still struck him with the front end of the car.
Truehart was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Johnson managed to stop her car and remained at the scene, police said.
There was no immediate word on any charges as this investigation continues.
delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 59 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 53 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 47 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos