Fire destroys mushroom warehouse in Chester Co.
NEW GARDEN TWP, Pa. - December 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle heavy flames that tore through a mushroom warehouse in Chester County.
It happened around 11:00 pm Saturday evening on the 200 block of Scarlett Road.
Fire crews were called to Phillips Mushroom Company where they were met with a large fire in a warehouse used to store mushrooms.
At least six companies from Chester and New Castle counties were brought in to assist with the blaze.
Firefighters were able to get the upper hand on the fire in about an hour.
No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
pennsylvania, chester county, fire, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos