Arrest made in murder witnessed by off-duty cop
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a man with a West Philadelphia murder that was witnessed by an off-duty police officer.
Quinton Frierson, aka "Ferguson," 27, fom the 5600 Block of Carpenter Street, is charged with murder.
Police say Frierson got into an argument with the victim, 20-year-old Victor Rodriguez of the 900 Block of E. Schiller Street and shot him once in the head.
An off-duty Chester police officer happened to be at the scene near the Crown Fried Chicken restaurant at South 52nd and Locust streets.
That officer fired at the gunman but missed. He did manage to take the gunman into custody.
Police say the gun used in the crime was recovered at the scene.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos