Arrest made in murder witnessed by off-duty cop
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a man with a West Philadelphia murder that was witnessed by an off-duty police officer.
Quinton Frierson, aka "Ferguson," 27, fom the 5600 Block of Carpenter Street, is charged with murder.
Police say Frierson got into an argument with the victim, 20-year-old Victor Rodriguez of the 900 Block of E. Schiller Street and shot him once in the head.
An off-duty Chester police officer happened to be at the scene near the Crown Fried Chicken restaurant at South 52nd and Locust streets.
That officer fired at the gunman but missed. He did manage to take the gunman into custody.
Police say the gun used in the crime was recovered at the scene.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 27 min ago
- Record Warmth! 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 52 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 15 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
13 min ago