Woman shot, killed while driving in Tioga-Nicetown
TIOGA-NICETOWN - December 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police believe a woman was targeted when she was shot and killed while driving her SUV in Tioga-Nicetown.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning near the intersection of North 27th and Clearfield streets.
Authorities received reports of multiple shots fired and a vehicle that had crashed.
Police later learned that a woman in her 40s was driving her 2000 GMC Yukon down North 27th Street when someone opened fire on her vehicle.
The woman kept driving a block down before she lost control and crashed into Whittier Elementary School.
Arriving officers found the woman inside her SUV with multiple gunshot wounds.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital where she was pronounced dead. No word on her identity.
Police believe the woman was targeted in the shooting but have not released any additional information.
philadelphia, tioga, nicetown, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 52 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 55 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 54 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 33 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 31 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
31 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
52 min ago