Man charged with 2 murders in North Phila.
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a man with two murders inside a home in North Philadelphia.
David Williams, 23, of the 1700 block of Erie Avenue, is charged with two counts of murder.
Police were called to a home in the 1700 block of Erie Avenue at 12:15 p.m. on Saturday for a report of a person with a gun.
Once they arrived, they found one of the victims, 26-year-old Anthony Hicks of the 1800 block of Sulis Street, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.
Officers returned to that location at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, only to find a second victim in a second floor bedroom dead from multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest. He has not been identified, but police say they believe he was killed on Saturday.
There was no word on the motive in these killings.
Police said even though Williams is from the same block, the killings did not happen at his home. However, it's not yet clear who owns the home.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ