Missing autistic NJ teen found in Texas
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A missing autistic teenager from Ocean City, New Jersey has been found safe in Texas.
Natalie Woollerton, 16, had been missing since Wednesday when she drove away in her mother's 2009 Lexus sedan.
In a news release issued Monday morning, Ocean City police said Natalie was found at 3:30 a.m. in Mesquite, Texas.
She was found by police in the Lone Star State who were investigating reports of a suspicious vehicle.
According to investigators, that vehicle was the same Lexus reported missing when Natalie disappeared.
Police said Natalie was safe and healthy.
Investigators said while they are still trying to piece together what happened over the past few days, the immediate concern was getting Natalie back to her family.
new jersey, ocean city, ocean county, missing children, missing person, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 30 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
42 min ago